The Student News Site of Gretna High School

Gretna Media

Gretna Media

Gretna Media

Dragon’s Lair

GHS School Store Opens to Students
Skylar Dietze
GHS’s new school store, The Dragon’s Lair, opened its doors to students on Oct. 5, supplying the students with a variety of designs and styles.

GHS’s long-awaited school store, The Dragon’s Lair, has arrived at last. Students have been craving Gretna gear, and, finally, on Oct. 5, they received access to a dozen different designs when the new school store opened its doors.

“I think it’s going to help kind of like the culture and have everybody want to support the teams and stuff like that,” said senior entrepreneurship student Jack Rhoades. “We’re in the process of detailing our store right now.”

Made and sold by entrepreneurship students, the creations that fill the racks come in several variations: crewnecks, hoodies, t-shirts and hats. In addition to generic Gretna gear, the store also offers Friday Night Lights t-shirts that correlate with the themes of several games.

“It’s up to the students to add new things,” said GHS business teacher Jeanette Kleppinger. “[Oct. 4] we hung everything, and then they already ordered a whole bunch of new things to go up after they saw everything.”

All of the prints that customers see on the shelves and racks were designed by students with the intention to give students a physical place to purchase Gretna apparel. The entrepreneurship students also plan on printing new styles several times throughout the year.

“Some of the Intro to Business kids [made designs] last year as we were kind of getting it started,” Kleppinger said. “Probably five or six kids in entrepreneurship do quite a bit of the designing.”

Many parents and adults have expressed interest in purchasing merchandise as well. Because of this, The Dragon’s Lair will open on occasional nights or home games of indoor sports.

“We’ll have random nights that we’re open,” said Kleppinger. “So during one home basketball game and during parent teacher conferences. Then we’ll have a special shopping night in December before winter break.”

Students currently have access to the school store from 7:35-7:50 on Thursday and Friday mornings, as well as 3:20-3:40 after school on Thursdays. The Dragon’s Lair is also open on those days during lunch periods. The store accepts cash, credit/debit cards and Apple Pay.