GHS Homecoming Court 2023
GHS Homecoming Court 2023
Kierstin Gay

Homecoming Rundown

Information About the Dance, Themes, Candidates

Homecoming is an annual event for most high schools. Students get all dressed up in their best attire while preparing for the event. At GHS, the dance takes place on a Friday night after the homecoming football game.

The week building up to homecoming is filled with excitement. There is a buzz in the hallways of the school as the students look forward to the football game and the dance. What is known as Spirit Week will take place Sept. 19-22.

“My favorite (theme day) is Barbie vs. Ken,” junior Addie Schuka said. “I feel like a lot of people are going to do that because Barbie is popular right now.”

GHS Homecoming Court for 2023. The themes for spirit week are Pajama Day, “Teen Beach Movie”, Ken and Barbie, BBQ Dads vs. Soccer Moms and Glow Zone (neon). The dress code will still apply, and students are not allowed to bring any props that correlate with their outfits. Props will be confiscated.

“We want to keep a certain amount of integrity to the dance and allow people to dress up a little bit,” Principal Mr. Todd Mueller said. “We want it to be a little bit special so that is why we do semi-formal.”

The homecoming dance will take place on Friday, Sept. 22, from 9-11 p.m. Instead of the dance being on the soccer field, as it has been in previous years, it will be in the gym with a theme of Miami Nights. The dress code is semi-formal, however, and there are limitations. Students will be asked to look nice, meaning no t-shirts, no blue jeans, no shorts, and, for the girls, no stiletto heels because the shoes will damage the gym floor. Students are allowed to come to the dance after the football game. The admission fee will be $10. During the dance, a DJ will be performing, however, they will not take song requests as the music must be prior approved by administration.

Homecoming Queen Candidates:
Lily Blake, Kennedy Boyer, Larkin Daharsh, Avery Fotoplos, Ava Fuller, Leah Heck, Grace Huttman, Allison Marshall, Faith Rinaldi, Libby Turpen and Audrey Wilcoxson

Homecoming King Candidates:
Daniel Ames, Cameron Bothwell, Jace Erdkamp, Alexander Runge, Joseph Stolinski, Michael Stukenholtz, Jordan Thomas, Isaiah Weber, Alex Wilcoxson, Grant Zeleny